Subject: Re: thinkpad 600
To: Joseph Sirucka <jsirucka@dodgyware.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2002 16:41:29
On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 05:36:59AM +1100, Joseph Sirucka wrote:
> Does anybody know if the ibm thinkpad 600 is supported in netbsd.

All hardware on both 600 and 600X, *except the winmodems*, works fine
in NetBSD, including video, mouse, sound, cardbus slots, disks, ... I
assume 600E's work too, but I don't have one of those. An XF86Config
for TP 600 was posted to the list several months ago. If you can't
find it, email me and I'll send you a copy. (I think the one I have is
for XFree 4.x, so it won't work with 3.x)

For modem, just get a 3Com 3C556 10/100 ether+modem combo card. Its
modem is "real", and works fine with NetBSD. Xircom Realport combo may
also work, haven't tried it. If so, they had those for $39 at
compgeeks awhile back.