Subject: Looking for help on XFree 3.3.6 on ThinkPad A20??
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <pkdb1@home.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/31/2001 22:03:05
I am trying to find out why X won't display and I have gotten quite a bit of
information about virtual consoles (which I have) and wscons (which I don't:
this seems odd). Symptomatically, what happens is after running startx, the
screen goes black (there's the merest shimmer on the screen, but nothing
more) and I used to have to remove power to regain control. I can now access
other virtual consoles but only if I run startx from another machine.

So I could try Xfree 4 (and probably will) but can anyone 'splain why I have
no wscons file? MAKEDEV won't make one and all the kernel config stuff seems
to be there.

--
Paul Beard / 206 529 8400
8040 27th Ave NE

Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds.
                -- Homer