Subject: Re: Serial console?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2001 20:09:51
Rick Kelly writes:
- Eric Schnoebelen said:
- >	I have tree of the ISA versions that emulate an MDA
- >(monochrome display adapter) installed in my systems with ISA
- >buses.  They work very well (I was using one to work on an
- >uncooperative system in Dallas while I was at USENIX in Boston
- >this year.)
-
- Unfortunately, their demo on the website seems to be broken.
-
- No matter what key combination I try I get:
-
- DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
-
- I did get the menu to come up. Looks like the demo system is trashed.

	They say that happens quite a bit.. I seem to
remember that at one point, they had set the internal disk drive
to be read-only so that it couldn't get trashed so easy.

- Looks like it could be a good thing. Do they still sell the ISA MDA card?
- I notice that they don't have a price listed for it.

	I think they still offer the ISA version, at least thats
what they told me recently..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com 		http://www.cirr.com
  Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches.  If the vending machine