Subject: Re: Serial console?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2001 17:00:22
Andrew Brown writes:
- >I would be interested in hearing about potential NetBSD/i386 systems
- >that support a serial console.  I have a vague recollection that the
- >Intel Panther (re-badged by quite a few people) supported it, and I
- >wouldn't be surprised to learn that some DEC machines did.  Perhaps
- >embedded 386 boards (PC/104 etc) do.
-
- check out
-
- 	http://www.realweasel.com/
-
- they have both isa and pci versions of the card.

	A very good card!

	I have tree of the ISA versions that emulate an MDA
(monochrome display adapter) installed in my systems with ISA
buses.  They work very well (I was using one to work on an
uncooperative system in Dallas while I was at USENIX in Boston
this year.)

	I've just received a copy of the PCI version of the card
(like, on Monday) and haven't had a chance to put it into
service yet.  From reviewing the documentation, I expect to be
as impressed with the PCI/VGA version as I am with the ISA/MDA
version.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
        Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as