Subject: Re: CD-R or CD-R/W
To: Andy Ball , None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/22/2001 11:25:03
Although the question has already been answered one way, let me point out
a relavent URL:

 http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/features.html#scsipi

(At the time referenced, cdrecord's author was saying that the program
wouldn't work with ATAPI drives, as I recall.  I can only surmise that he
hadn't bothered to familiarize himself with NetBSD.)

  NetBSD: We do some things first because we do things *right*..

(^&  Slogan for the day.  Have fun burning disks.  (BTW, I'm using a
SCSI Yamaha CD-RW, which I bought when drives hit a new price breakpoint
and the old models became cheap while they sold out.  It works nicely.
I've been told that if you go with an ATAPI, you should make sure that
the ATAPI drive is on a seperate bus from the disk where you have the ISO
image...dunno if that still holds, or if there's anything that *software*
can do about it.)