Subject: Re: CD-R or CD-R/W
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/22/2001 08:58:09

> Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org> writes:
>
> > When you say "ISO-Filesystem DVD-ROMs", are they limited to CD-ROM
> > capacities (680Mb?), or is there something similar to ISO 9660 for
> > DVD-ROM discs?  Perhaps ISO 9660 itself scales to DVD?

I think that the dvd media uses a format called UDF natively, with
a compatibility support for iso-9660 also written on the disk.
This is similar to an apple hfs/iso-9660/Joliet cd, where each
format is useable for access to the data on the disk, and parts
are hidden from other access methods so as not to be confusing.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net