Subject: Re: 160GB IDE Drives under NetBSD?
To: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/20/2001 21:17:24
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:49:47AM -0000, Bruce Martin wrote:
> We are looking at using some Maxtor 160GB IDE drives under NetBSD 1.5.1, and
> realise there is a change when drives get bigger than 137GB:
[...]
> Does NetBSD cover the above specification? If so, from what version of
> NetBSD?

Not yet, the code doesn't issue the 48 bit read/write commands yet.
It looks like it's pretty easy to add, but noone's done it yet.

You can probably just use such a drive, if you keep your partitions
below the limit, but it's a bit of a waste.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/