Subject: Re: SiS 900 Ethernet (was: SiS 630E audio support?)
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/20/2001 10:51:57
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 12:46:07PM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>
>  > Jason, as the original author of if_sip.c, could you have a look at
>  > PR#14655?
>
> I'm going to commit the following patch.  Please verify that it
> does the correct thing for you, and I will have it pulled up
> into netbsd-1-5.

Yes, that correctly deduces the MAC address. Shall I submit the NFS
and auto media detect problems as separate PRs?

NFS:
Mounts hang accompanied by lots of the following:
transmit FIFO underrun: increasing Tx drain threshold to 1280 bytes

Slow-speed workaround:
mount_nfs -r 1024 -w 1024 foo:/bar /mnt

Media:
media is listed as none when autoselect is on. You have to manually
ifconfig media 10baseT to get any action.

--
Stephen