Subject: Re: NetBSD on a 386?
To: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.com, khym@azeotrope.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2001 01:07:13
>I'm running 1.5X on a 386, although it does have a 387... but does your
>userland match your kernel? Your symptoms sound like a libkvm mismatch
>type of thing...

   Nope, it's a straight install of 1.5.1 base/kernel/etc/misc. Take the
same hard drive, plug it into a 486-based machine, and NetBSD is perfectly
happy. Also, one of the 386es had a socket for upgrading to a 486, and when
I plopped a 486/33 in and reset the jumpers, that machine came to life.

   I wish I had a 387 handy. It's beginning to sound like that's what makes
the difference. Weird.

   --James B.