Subject: RE: SiS 630E audio support?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2001 09:52:32
>On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Brian Gregor wrote:
>> Silicon Integrated System product 0x7018 (audio multimedia, revision
0x02)
>> at pci0 dev 1 function 4 not configured
>>
>> Is this supported under -current?
>
> A quick grep of the source says that the "autri" driver supports it. I
> don't have any firsthand info though... :)

On my laptop, it sort-of works in that some noise is produced... The audio
is distorted and full of digital noise.
I have to play MP3s using Windows :-(

The driver was ported across from OpenBSD, AFAIK. I've been keeping an eye
on their webcvs for
changes that can be ported across.

I intend to try the commercial audio driver from 4Front, but as that's an
LKM it only works with 1.5.2 and not -current.

BTW. Have you tried the onboard SiS 900 Ethernet? I've produced a patch
for -current and 1.5.2
which should get it to read it's MAC address properly (see pr#14655) which I
would be pleased
if somebody would test.

--
Stephen