Subject: Re: Promise ISA IDE controller
To: None <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/2001 08:09:10
--part1_12e.96fc714.294f4876_boundary

Yes, as long as the your root partition is in the 1st 500MB, and smaller than
that, you should be ok.  And even then, I believe only the initial boot stuff
has to be within
that 1st 500MB or so...  you could have a 1Gig root and it should still boot
as long
as the boot stuff is within the 1st 500MB.

Once NetBSD is booted, it shouldn't matter, because you aren't using the BIOS
disk drivers anymore.

--part1_12e.96fc714.294f4876_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Yes, as long as the your root partition is in the 1st 500MB, and smaller than that, you should be ok. &nbsp;And even then, I believe only the initial boot stuff has to be within
<BR>that 1st 500MB or so... &nbsp;you could have a 1Gig root and it should still boot as long
<BR>as the boot stuff is within the 1st 500MB.
<BR>
<BR>Once NetBSD is booted, it shouldn't matter, because you aren't using the BIOS disk drivers anymore.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12e.96fc714.294f4876_boundary--