Subject: Re: NEC CD/Install Problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: -P.Chase <paypachase@collegeclub.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2001 06:57:58
------=_Part_2694_672232.1008341878678

hello all,
I am trying to load 1.5.2 onto an old gateway p133 with 540mb hd and 16mb ram and an NEC cd (ATAPI) but after using the boot floppies, the system wont recognize the cd player in order to install the distribution sets. i tried to mount the cd player but i still get an error that the device is not ready. i tried changing the bios PnP from windows 95 to 'other system' but no success. i thought maybe the windows machine i burned the distribution sets onto cd from wasnt transferring it in a form that the install system could recognize but the cd player doesnt even show that its searching the disk. so, my questions: is there a fix to this? will i have to do a floppy install? and if so will the system be able to recognize the cd player after it is installed? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.
-P.

Jingle Your Bells on CollegeClub.com!
Flash e-Cardz, Holiday Gift Guide, articles and more!
<http://navisite.collegeclub.com/channels/holiday>

------=_Part_2694_672232.1008341878678--