Subject: Re: Fw: Multiple Boot setup for XP
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/2001 18:11:16
3 isn't that many operating systems to have installed.  I could see
installing at least 3 or 4, if I weren't trying to be a mathematician.
(^&  (As-is, I just have one OS installed---well, I have a GNU/LINUX
(Debian) OS set up as a secondary boot partition on one system...but I
haven't booted it with any frequency since setting it up.)

(Side note: I find it amusing that that GNU/LINUX OS _forces_ a fsck if
it's been ``too long'' since one was last done.  Apparently, the people
developing that GNU/LINUX don't have much confidence in their filesystem
support...(^&  That, or they have unclean shutdowns, universally, on a
frequent enough basis that no one runs cleanly long enough to encounter
the spurious fsck.)