Subject: Re: Cardbus bridge interrupt question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <David.Laight@btinternet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/2001 15:25:20
> So, now what? Plug-and-play OS in the bios means the interrupts are
> assigned and the OS takes care of things, right?

wrong!

'Plug and Play OS' == Win95
(because it can configure isa pnp cards on systems where the bios
is too old to be able to do it.)

This question refers to isa pnp cards, and controls whether the BIOS
assigns resources to isa pnp cards that do not have the 'required for
boot' bit set in their configuration (only disk controllers are likely
to have this bit set).

Set it to 'NO' to get the BIOS to do the resource allocation.

I'm not exactly sure how netbsd handles isa pnp cards, I did a quick
peek at the code, and think it actually tries to do resource allocation
- without having the required information available, and gets it wrong!

    David