Subject: Re: Problem with lan card Nortek NEA100 (Reaktek 8139)
To: ddsone <ddsone@advcom.it>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2001 21:06:43
    Date:        Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:31:43 +0100
    From:        "ddsone" <ddsone@advcom.it>

  | my configuration:
  |
  | created /etc/ifconfig.rtk0
  | inet 192.168.1.11 netmask 0xffffff00

Looks fine (ignore the "change to /24" suggestion, that is unlikely to make a
difference)

  | changed /etc/hosts

Should be irrelevant here.

  | enable auto_ifconfig in rc.conf

What is in rc.conf related to interfaces?   Exactly how is auto_ifconfig
enabled?  Do you have any ifconfig_xxx lines there?

  | enable ukphy in the kernel

That's obvious from your dmesg output, and fine.

  | Excused my truly bad English

It is plenty good enough...

If nothing I said above causes you to think "why don't I try ..." and then
that works, then try running

	sh -x /etc/rc.d/netstart start

and see what it says it is doing.    The next dozen or so lines after the
Configuring network interfaces echo should reveal why the auto interface
config isn't working.

kre