Subject: Re: LFS
To: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2001 15:03:18
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:02:37PM +0100, Urban Boquist wrote:
> Actually, it's worse than that. Unless I'm totally mistaken you will
> _definitely_ lose with /usr on LFS, since LFS does not yet support
> mmap(), which is required for dynamic linking.

That depends if he's running -current or 1.5.2. In -current, using
LFS is not a good thing to do at the moment, except as a scratch
filesystem for data.

In 1.5.2, LFS is usable, although not without problems. And indeed,
a factor of 10 quicker for unpacking big tarfiles, I tried it.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/