Subject: Re: Red screen with A3000
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2001 14:26:00
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (04-Dec-01 16:34:45):

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 02:05:00PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>> Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (25-Nov-01 22:26:42):
>>
>> > the meaning of the red screen is ROM (kickstart) checksum error -
>> >  do you boot a kickstart from disk at some point?
>>
>> I map the ROM during startup via the CSPPC startup menu. But this
>> worked also before. I didn't change anything regarding startup
>> settings. I tried it right now again and again I get the red
>> screen.
>>
>> The backup as well as the restore was confirmed via a compare.
>> No errors occurred.

> Only error I can think of at this point: somehow the cylinder size
> was different between backup and restore, and the ROM doesn't
> correctly find the NetBSD bootblock when booting.

Argh ... #&%§%$§ !

I forgot to set the "custom boot code/blocks" to "enabled/16" for
root. Well ... ;((

[ BTW ... do you know a good AmigaOS RDB save/load program? ]

The next surprise was that root didn't boot properly

    Can't open /dev/rsda1: Device not configured
    CANT'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM

Again ... it's an image backup and the restore worked before.

Any ideas regarding this issue ... ?

Many thanks.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... better do a good thing today, than a perfect thing tomorrow ...