Subject: Off topic: new mb suggestions please
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/29/2001 14:25:28
I've got two ATX pc's I need to give new MBs, and I was wondering if folks
could give me some suggestions as to what to get.

The main application they need to run (which is why this is off-topic :-)
is Everquest. :-) Next week, EQ is getting upgraded to a version that
needs 256 -> 512 MB ram, DirectX 8, and a video card w/ hardware T&L. The
two machines which run EQ won't handle that, so I need to do some
updating.

Unfortunatly I don't follow what's good and what's not, so I'd appreciate
some advice from folks as to what to get and what to avoid. I'm looking at
getting a new MB, CPU, and memory.

Thoughts?

Take care,

Bill