Subject: Re: Yamaha YST-MS55D USB Speakers
To: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/2001 16:06:52
In message <87u1vio9ec.fsf@vger.pretzelnet.org>"Eric Gillespie, Jr." writes
>I am trying to get the Yamaha speakers working on NetBSD 1.5.2.

I beleive the MST-555D works fine, out of the box. Just make sure *all*
the cables have continuity on all leads, and that you cable *all* the
cables up.

In particular, make sure to connect the satellite speaker (right?)
with volumne knob and the subwoofer using *both* DIN-type *and* the
male/male audio extension. (AFAICT, the USB D-to-As are located inside
the subwoofer enclosure; the control satellite speaker takes two
analog inputs, one of which is from the subwoofer. Why Yahama used two
separate cables from the subwoofer to the satellite speaker is a ...mystery).

(Lennart did generate some USB patches; but the original problem
turned out to be a bad cable. Subsequent pacthes fixed really annoying
dropouts due to a tsleep() during cardbus insertion/removal.)