Subject: Yamaha YST-MS55D USB Speakers
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/2001 15:58:19
I am trying to get the Yamaha speakers working on NetBSD 1.5.2.
Previously i had an ISA PnP SoundBlaster AWE32 (which worked on
Linux) that i never got working, so it's possible my problem is
not specific to the new speakers.  Originally, i thought maybe
NetBSD didn't really support my sound card, which is why i bought
the USB speakers in the first place.

I found a port-i386 post regarding the speakers at
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2001/05/09/0024.html>.
He says some tweaking was required.  What tweaking exactly?  I've
hooked everything up correctly, but can't get any sound.  Doesn't
seem to be any documentation...

Here's what's printed to the console when i insert the USB cable:

uaudio0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0: YAMAHA YAMAHA YST-MS55D USB Speaker  , rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
uaudio0: streaming interface 1, audio rev 1.00
audio0 at uaudio0: half duplex
uhid0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 2
uhid0: YAMAHA YAMAHA YST-MS55D USB Speaker  , rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 3/0

I've tried testing it with 'audioplay haplo.au', but i don't get
any sound.  haplo.au is not the problem; i can play it on another
system.

I don't have Windows to test with, but when i had Linux installed
on this system i used a USB keyboard for a while without
problems.  I no longer have any other USB equipment ot test with,
but i'm relatively sure my USB controller is not the problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

"I wish people didn't exist."