Subject: Re: USB Hard Drive
To: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/2001 17:59:16
Gan Uesli Starling wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I have a BUSlink USB hard drive, which is not supported under NetBSD. But a
> little searching dug up this link, where somebody got it working under Linux.
>
> http://bravin.home.cern.ch/bravin/usbide.html
>
> It looks a bit over my head at present. Can anyone clue me in on how (or if)
> I might apply this to make it work under NetBSD?
>
> Or...might somebody care to consider adding support for it in the next rev of
> NetBSD? That would be nice. These things are cheap, plentiful and very handy.

The information in the Linux driver is probably sufficient to write a NetBSD
driver, but it's somewhat tedious.  Perhaps you could ask the author of the
Linux driver if he's managed to get a data sheet for the PL2307 chip and if he's
will to share.  With a data sheet it would be much easier to estimate how much
work is involved.

    -- Lennart