Subject: Re: sleep and hibernate...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/2001 05:17:58
On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 18:44:05 -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:

> 1.  Anyone done this?

NetBSD hybernates just fine on my Dell Latitude.

> 2.  Any obvious design flaws/gotchas?  (e.g., I can't do it naively on my
> system, because the swap partition may get trashed while NetBSD is asleep.)
> 3.  Is there some established protocol for writing code which says
> "then replace the entire contents of memory with this stream, and
> jump to a specific location"?

But isn't laptop's bios supposed to handle it itself?

When I bought the laptop, I went to Dell's site, downloaded a bootable
diskette image with utilities to create/remove hybernate partition,
created one and that was it.

When you turn the power on, BIOS detects a hybernated netbsd in that
special partition and restores it instead of booting.

SY, Uwe