Subject: Re: sleep and hibernate...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/2001 22:35:41
In message <20011123063106.M17760@snark.ptc.spbu.ru>, "Valeriy E. Ushakov" writ
es:
>> The problem, of course, is that I don't have any spare holes in the FDISK
>> table.  Unfortunately, none of the OS's in question can be installed into
>> an extended partition, so far as I know, so I need to either sacrifice one,
>> or not have a hibernate partition.

>My Dell can hybernate to a file on a FAT partion and its mks2d utility
>can create and format either a dedicated partition or a file on FAT
>(but I don't have a FAT partition, it's a netbsd only box, so I never
>tried that).

>Check docs for your laptop, perhaps it can do this too.

Looks so far like the answer is "no"; there's no evidence that the bios
directly supports hibernation.  I found one hint on HP's site that you could
make a hibernation partition, but further reading suggests they simply mean
that a fresh install has enough space on C:.

mks2d is apparently dell-only.

-s