Subject: Re: NetBSD on Shuttle SV24?
To: Steven Sartorius , NetBSD <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/16/2001 09:16:18
--- Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Shuttle has a nifty, cheap 'cube' system available
> (http://www.shuttleonline.com/sv24.htm) which looks
> like it would be perfect
> for a small firewall/router.  Everything on the spec
> sheet seems to be OK
> with NetBSD but I'm wondering whether anyone has any
> firsthand experience
> with one of these?
>
> Could be an early Christmas present to myself....!

That's a cool little machine! I may have to get one if
they are cheap enough...

If it's all standard i386 fare, there's no reason why
it shouldn't work, but maybe you should call them or
email them or something to be sure... Integrated
hardware will be suspect for sure. Can't see all the
specs because I'm not running flash or whatever it
takes to look at that site.

Andy