Subject: 1.5.2 / uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Colin Bradley <fox@ascent-phase.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2001 10:42:15
  hi, i've been fiddling around with an HP ScanJet 4100C
  on my dell box.. GENERIC kernel doesn't seem to like
  it very much, displaying the message as shown in Subject:.

  the mailing list archives show this problem has been around
  for quite some time, back to 1.4beta - but i see nothing viable
  in terms of a solution except a hint that some devices may
  not behave perfectly; which i guess goes without saying in
  the PC world. I'm running 1.5.2 now - is there anything i
  can do to coax this device into operation?

  I've flipped the bios config on the usb stuff from auto-
  detect to disabling legacy support. anything else i can
  try?

  thanks for any pointers,

-Colin