Subject: Re: Internal Modem Device
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/12/2001 08:40:48
On 11.11.01, 11:45:48, Matthew wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to access the internal modem in this computer I have, it is
> an ISA one, and is not a winmodem. I would like to know which /dev/tty*
> device I need to use to access it.
>
> The dmesg reports:
>
> isapnp0: <SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl, SUP2171, SUP2040, > port 0x3e8/8 irq
> 4 not configured
>
> Could someone tell me which device file it will be under?

Is that modem jumpered for a specific port & IRQ, or is it Plug & Pray?  I have
a Diamond SupraExpress 56i, though it is not Sp Intl, jumpered for COM4 (0x2e8)
IRQ 5, which works in DOS, also worked in OS/2 Warp 4 and Linux.  With Linux, I
used a setserial command so the modem would be recognized.  0x3e8 looks like
what is known in DOS as COM3.  I guess this would be /dev/ttyS2.