Subject: Re: Internal Modem Device
To: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/2001 14:41:33
On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:45:48AM +0000, Matthew wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to access the internal modem in this computer I have, it is
> an ISA one, and is not a winmodem. I would like to know which /dev/tty*
> device I need to use to access it.
>
> The dmesg reports:
>
> isapnp0: <SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl, SUP2171, SUP2040, > port 0x3e8/8 irq
> 4 not configured
>
> Could someone tell me which device file it will be under?

For now the kernel didn't find a driver for it. Make sure you have
com*    at isapnp?
in your kernel config file, and then it should appear as com2 I guess.
If this is not enouth you need to add an entry for it in
sys/dev/isapnp/isapnpdevs
(something like
devlogic        com     SUP2171         0       SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl
)
and then run 'make -f Makefile.isapnpdevs' and rebuild kernel.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>