Subject: Re: Dual boot NetBSD and Linux
To: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
From: Tobias Anderberg <tobias.anderberg@axis.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/08/2001 10:10:32
Rick Byers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where is (was) Lilo installed (the "boot" config file parameter)?  You
> probably want to put lilo at the beginning of the Linux boot
> partition, which should be a primary partition (i.e. "hda2").  I think the

Yep. That was my mistake; I installed lilo on mbr and later when I
installed netbsd's bootloader there it replaced lilo, naturally! Of
course then there's no way netbsd could boot the linux partition,
since there wasn't any bootloader code on the first sector. I
problably could of messed a bit with linux' bootsect code, but hey..
:-)

A big thanks to all who replied!

/tba