Subject: Re: Dual boot NetBSD and Linux
To: Tobias Anderberg <tobias.anderberg@axis.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/2001 14:48:16
On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 09:07:31AM +0100, Tobias Anderberg wrote:
> I tried the fdisk -i -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel; fdisk -B, but although
> they both appear in boot menu, I'm unable to boot the Linux partition.

This should work if the partition isn't an extended one (or 'logical
drive'). Otherwise, you either need a different bootloader, or
frob some diskblocks 'by hand'. You can actually put some bootcode
in the first block of an extended partition to make it work, but
I don't recommend that if you haven't done that sort of thing
before.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com