Subject: Re: modems and dhclient question
To: Jon <jons@dotnet.com>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2001 16:32:30
You probably want to run dhclient only after your ppp session has been
established.  To prevent dhclient from running at boot time, remove
"dhclient=YES" from your /etc/rc.conf.

pppd has some facilities for running a program when the link comes up, so
you probably want to start dhclient that way.  I'm not sure exactly how to
do it though - check the pppd manpage.

Rick