Subject: DNS help required - outside/inside
To: NetBSD Help <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon <jons@dotnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2001 09:34:51
ok, I have a small network, the gateway runs a dns server which lets all the network know about each other.

Now I wish to connect the gateway machine to the internet via a modem (I suppose that doesn't matter)

Do I need to have the dns server/gateway to have itself as it's dns server???

Can I just have the dns servers on the gate way as the ones from my isp and then the rest of the network use the gateway as a dns server???

If I DO need to have the gateway using itself as a dns server how do I use the 2 servers from my isp?? what should my resolv.conf look like?

Thanks