Subject: Re: umount won't
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/2001 16:29:42
On 24-Elo-01, gabriel wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 06:41:50PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
>> It's some HP..  but theoretically, the same problem applies to Compact
>> FLASH cards.  They can be ejected at any time and I still wish I could
>> umount them after ejecting them accidentally.  (Actually, I would love
>> some kind of an automatic umount when a removable media is removed.)

> Not that this is a viable excuse for having an un-unmountable file
> system, which is why I presented it with a smiley the first time
> around.
>
> :^>

This also applies to NFS. I've several times hit the power switch of
my Amiga, giving me no end of trouble with NFS mounts on NetBSD.
I can't unmount or re-mount a dead NFS, and worse than that,
my patience ran out when doing "halt" on the NetBSD (the halting took
very very long). And I also have tried with "-R" and "-f".

This'd be on NetBSD 1.5 and 1.5.1.

--
Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi) | Diving Is Fun