Subject: Re: Installation boot diskettes hang
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2001 01:48:44
> I won't be booting to or from W95 any time soon, but I noticed it was possible
> to boot Linux, QNX or BeOS from W95 or W98, and so advertised on Web sites.  So
> I guess it would be possible to boot (Free, Net or Open)BSD that way, too.
)easiest by creating .pif file which force windoze to exit to dos mode
)first.

I wish there were a way to make DR-DOS 7.03 get out of EMM386.EXE, though I can
reboot from a minimalist CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT if necessary.

I downloaded the one-file installation and generic kernels to use with DOSBOOT,
think I will have to decompress first.  I have UNTGZ095 for DOS (16-
and 32-bit), OS/2 and Win32.  LOADLIN can boot Linux with a bzip'ed or gzip'ed
kernel.  I also downloaded floppy29.fs for OpenBSD just to compare bootability
with NetBSD installation diskettes, though I don't have the OpenBSD stuff to
install.