Subject: Re: system updates
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/17/2001 14:29:11
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> ...and wholesale updates of userland binaries, which were, however,
> tested somewhere else even before being tested in current. If you
> still don't like that, you can update selectively (with cvs).

Right now I'm importing every release into my private cvs repository
and as security fixes are announced every fix as well. The clients are
thus running 1.5.1 + fixes without any additional files and/or updates from
1.5.2_ALPHA. The clients get the latest sources with anoncvs and/or cvsup
from my own server. This has been working quite well in fact.

I might even write a small how-to if people want that...

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
http://www.iki.fi/~kuparine/