Subject: Re: Two incoming Internet links
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/2001 19:01:07
Hi,

On 13 Aug 2001, at 12:05, Simas Mockevicius wrote:
> I have a falowing situation:
>
> I have 256 Kbps from one ISP and 128 kbps from other, also I have one
> firewall (ipf/nat) and three ethernet cards, how to do ipf/nat on one
> ISP I know, but how to set up, that if one link is almost used and to
> tranfer user to another ? Do I need to setup source routing ? And what
> the is it ? :) Also I have heard, that in some cases firewall van be
> configured that way: if from one ISP links is used up to 70%, to drop
> clients to another ISP, or maybe I dream about it last night ? :)

do you mean something like route switching? So that your network
users get connected to one ISP or the other depending on the
usage of the line?

You possibly could implement something to monitor traffic and
based on that findings in regular intervalls change the
defaultroute/gateway settings. That could probably work.

HTH

mike