Subject: Re: X11 on Libretto L2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/2001 11:18:44
> The X that comes with RedHat 7.1 apparently works ok for several
> people. (Three of whom have posted XF86Config files that I've tried out.)

So the deal is, you have to use XFree86 4.0.3 (which is what ships with
RH7.1) and the very latest S3 Savage driver, available from

    http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

I've now got X working quite happily on my libretto, with 1280x600 resolution
on the LCD display.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil

She saw that he had singled her out from the three...for no reasoned purpose
of further acquaintance, but in commonplace obedience to conjunctive orders
from headquarters, unconsciously received by unfortunate men when the last
intention of their lives is to be occupied with the feminine.