Subject: Re: Support for onboard sound?
To: Thomas Mueller <>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/2001 11:28:01
Call the vendor or the reseller.  Tell them to pull the chipset model off
the board.  Check it against the hardware compat. list on the webpage?

"Audio Excel 6 Channel PCI"  ... maybe search the web for info on the
chipset.  It's probably OEM.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> How do I know, when selecting parts for a new computer, if NetBSD will support
> the sound incorporated in the motherboard?  Motherboard in question is Chaintech
> with Audio Excel 6 Channel PCI audio.   What about other motherboards with
> onboard sound?  It's nice to save a PCI slot if possible.

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic