Subject: NFS error
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: , , , <admin@raid.netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/2001 12:05:13
I am setting up nfs share and have followed NFS server, Diskless NetBSD Howto.

However a few things I need clarification:

1. portmap - I cannot find any man page on portmap. I cannot find portmap in
/etc/services. So apparently is not a service. How is it related to nfs.

2. On my client I issued:

mount 192.168.1.230:/export/ws1/root /mnt

#>mount_nfs: bad MNT RPC: RPC: Authentication error; why = Client credential
too weak

I have checked my /etc/hosts.allow file and have the following entries:

mountd:	192.168.1.
nfsd:	192.168.1.
rpcbind:	192.168.1,

Do i need to put portmap in there as well?

Any pointers are welcomed.

David Kwok