Subject: Re: NetBSD/alpha installboot
To: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2001 20:49:40
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Ray Phillips wrote:

> Dear NetBSD/i386:
>
> I want to make an image on a NetBSD/i386 machine for a CD which will boot
> an Alpha, so I need to build the NetBSD/alpha version of installboot.  I've
> extracted these two files
>
>     usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/stand/installboot/Makefile
>     usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/stand/installboot/installboot.c
>
> from syssrc.tgz into an empty directory and run make.  The result was this
> error message:
>
>     Makefile:5: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> I presume I'm making a silly mistake.  Could someone put me on the right
> track, please?

i'm not sure what that particular error is for, but you will need a more
complete source tree.  For example in usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/stand/ there
is a Makefile.inc which provides some CFLAGS which in turn point to an
include directory in usr/src/sys/arch/alpha.  So I'd try extracting all of

src/sys/arch/alpha/

or at least src/sys/arch/alpha/include and src/sys/arch/alpha/stand

but that still doesn't explain your particular error....

-dan