Subject: Re: audio on Toshiba Tecra 8000
To: Shelby <snoonan@peecee.sj.scruznet.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2001 09:56:19

> I also seem to be having dificulty getting audio to work.. (play a audio
> CD) on my Tecra 8000   cdplay seems to spin the cd, and gives me the

cdplay plays through it's output and does not read digital data from CD
and then pass to soundchip. maybe this CD doesn't have audio output or
it's not connected. it is possible on notebook. try playing with cdda2wav
which first rip digital data from audio CD and then plays through
/dev/sound

> correct TOC but no audio...  below is mixerctl -a and audioctl -a along
> with relevent dmesg

i have 486/66 notebook with the same chip and it works (with mp3 for eg.)