Subject: uvm_fault panic in 1.5.1_ALPHA
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/2001 00:34:18
I have an i386 machine, running NetBSD 1.5.1_ALPHA compiled Sat Mar 31 2001
that just panic'd.  Source from within a day or so of that time.

serial console transcript, countdowns replaced with <countdown>:
uvm_fault(0xc02aef20, 0x0, 0, 1) -> 1
fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 0 eip c01511a8 cs 8 eflags 10246 cr2 58 cpl c000f766
panic: trap
syncing disks... 102 <countdown> 28 giving up

dumping to dev 4,1 offset 1575843
dump 255 <countdown> 40

Booting:
Checking for core dump...
savecore: reboot after panic: trap
savecore: system went down at Thu Jul 19 23:38:46 2001
savecore: no dump, not enough free space in /var/crash
Jul 19 23:50:56 kosh savecore: reboot after panic: trap

I changed the lack of room, and I have no more useful information, so
I don't think this is diagnosable... but I can hope.  Since there's not
useful information available, I figured this is not currently worth a
PR.

The machine is used to monitor our network and machines.  It runs
apache (1.3.19), bb (www.bb4.com), and sendmail in queue mode.
I have it on a serial console, it's a production machine.  I was
able to check the network connections for the minute before it crashed,
and I see no unusual connections (the machine is checking all our
routers are up, and that's all I saw).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Tracy J. Di Marco White