Subject: Re: Raid10
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/2001 19:34:32
"dkwok" writes:
> > Right.  Multi-level RAID sets do not autoconfig right now (it needs to
> support
> > multi-level recursion of some sort to do that, and the config system...
> isn't
> > quite up to handling that.)
>
> So if you were me how would you go about it? Set up a basic root file system
> using Raid1 and storage system, /home, on raid10.

Yup.. The biggest RAID box I've setup does just that... 4 RAID 5 sets, all
tied together in a RAID 0.  (the RAID 0 is configured from /etc/raid2.conf,
which is configured after raids 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are auto-configured.

> I have add 4 to
> /etc/rc.d/raidframe to deal with the fourth raid device. Say the basic
> system booted up then will I have to get a script to add the raid10?

Just have put the script you used to configure the raid10 in as /etc/
raid2.conf (or whatever) and it'll just work...

Later...

Greg Oster