Subject: Re: Explicitely turning on cache on new Celeron
To: John <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/2001 14:54:08
> So my question is this: how can I include options in the kernel that will
> explicitely turn on the cache on this Celeron? I see nothing relevant in
> man options. Another question would be: if there are no kernel options,
> where would an appropriate place be to insert code to do this? Unlike
> Amiga, where there is an amigainit.c file that would be appropriate, I do
> not see an obvious place to put this.
>
> Any suggestions?

Your best bet is probably to see if there's a bios update available
for your board which knows about celerons..

If that's not the case, the place for this sort of code would be
sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c; there are several functions in there for
CPU initialization (e.g., cyrix6x86_cpu_setup, winchip_cpu_setup,
amd_family5_setup).

					- Bill