Subject: i4b and multilink ppp
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Seiler <tobi@themaster.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/14/2001 21:50:58
Hi,

I asked this question on the isdn4bsd ml sometime ago but did not really
get an answer to it. So I'm asking it here again, maybe someone has an
idea or some experiences.

I tried to setup up an dualchannel 128kbit/s isdn connection to my isp
using isdn4bsd and an AVM FritzCard PCI on NetBSDi386/1.4.3 and the
userppp package from current pkgsrc.
I managed to get this pkg compiled with the i4b options enabled.

With a single channel and the in kernel sppp stuff it works without any
problems. But the dual channel setup simply does nothing but printing
some messages to /var/log/messages that it trys to setup the link but
there is no answer from the other side.

I can see on the isdn monitor, that its not even trying to dial out.

So, has one of you guys tried it maybe with success ?

It would be nice if you could share this experiences with me :).

Thanks in advance

Tobias