Subject: RE: A boot disk
To: 'dkwok' <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Siders, Keith <keith_siders@toshibatv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/2001 08:49:46
FWIW, 1.72Meg format probably uses 22 sectors per track instead of the old
standard of 18. If Linux can do it, then it's just a driver issue since the
hardware is common. Once upon a time you told the floppy formatter whether
you wanted 8, 9, 10, or 11 sectors per track. High density format doubled
the DOS world from 9 to 18.