Subject: A boot disk
To: NetBSD i386 port list <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/2001 14:14:53
Hi all,

before switching my linux gateway to NetBSD, I would like to check
a compiled kernel that I've done for it. I'm now wondering how
can I create a boot disk with my own kernel to check if the
computer boot ok... (don't need sh or anything, just the kernel).

I've tried to write some of the cdrom images inside
i386/installation/floppy to a floppy disk, but then I'm unable to
mount them in any directory! So I can't change it's kernel....

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

P.S: Do you think NetBSD is ok for a gateway and server (http, ftp)?
(security and such things).