Subject: Re: Plex86
To: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
From: davidkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2001 20:41:45
Urban Boquist wrote:

>> VMware is expansive and slow.
>

> It may be a bit expensive, but in my experience it is definitely not slow!
>
> I've been using VMware for a couple of weeks now to run Windows and
> the Office suite on my old PentiumII-366 laptop, running
> NetBSD-1.5V. Sofar I have been extremely pleased with how well it
> works. Even fullscreen mode works fine, despite what the NetBSD readme
> said.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         -- Urban
>
> P.S. If you try VMware, make sure that you install the special SVGA
> driver that comes with the "VMware tools" package. It boosted the
> graphics performance for me by a factor of 100 or so...

I had bought the vmware 1.0 for US 169 about 1 year ago. Then they
upgraded to v2. And I have not upgrade mine. So to get into it again. It
is like paying it twice.

What is the process to make vmware run in NetBSD1.5? Which version of VM
did you buy, express or the full version?

I might still dig out the old version 1 to run my 3 window program

David Kwok