Subject: Re: Stop implementing IPv6 before real harm is done........please
To: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/2001 10:21:04
On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:42:21PM +0200, T@W wrote:
> Danny Thomas encoded:
> [snip]
> >have you read the long threads on Slashdot?
> >

> No, sadly missed that part ("the end?") of the discussion. It seems that 2
> years ago I got the "start" of the whole IPv6 discussion, but this was
> never followed up with the information you people threw at me the past two
> days.
> It was then that I found links to the Slashdot and other articles.
> I think posting these URL's would have been sufficient for me instead of
> rawvoiced responses from some listmembers.

I don't.  I think that any kind of treatment that dissuades you from
spewing wanky rants onto the list, without even bothering to do any of
your own research first, in the future, is and was vastly preferable to
the kind of treatment that leaves you feeling as if you have learned
something but didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

In other words, I think you owe the other participants in, and readers of,
this list an apology.  You seem to still not get it -- you think that you
didn't do anything wrong, and that we all owe you an education instead of
any measure of opprobrium for posting your wanky, misinformed rant.

Instead of complaining about _how_ people told you you were wrong, why
not start by apologizing for being so wrong in such a loud and annoying
manner?  Then we might all bear you a little less ill will as you continued
your quest to find a clue.

Thor