Subject: Serial Boot Selector
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2001 13:11:08
Hi,

I need a small bootselector that can be used over the serial port of
an Intel machine. I looked at src/sbin/fdisk/mbr_bootsel/mbr_bootsel.S,
which has no support for that. My Intel assembly and BIOS knowledge is
limited but it looks like code could relatively easily be `stolen'
from the NetBSD bootloader which does have serial console support.
I just wondered (before I get my hands really dirty on trying to
modify mbr_bootsel.S myself) whether somebody has already made such
a bootselector once and would share his results with me to save me
some time.

greetings,

Feico.