Subject: Re: mkhybrid and/or vnconfig problem
To: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2001 21:25:55
On Fri, May 25, 2001 2:52 AM, Ray Phillips
<mailto:r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:
>Dear Port i386:
>
>Could offer me any suggestions about a problem I'm experiencing with
>myhybrid running on a NetBSD/i386 1.5 machine, please?
>
>The problem is that one of my files doesn't seem to be written properly to
>the iso file created by mkybrid.
>
>The command I used to create the iso file (which seemed to work all right)
was:

>  % ./mkhybrid -log-file log.file -o cd.iso \
>    -r -J -V "Store Log" store.log.gz
>  re-directing all messages to log.file
>
>I mounted the file as a virtual disk device using the commands:
>
>  vnconfig -c vnd0 cd.iso
>  mount -t cd 9660 /dev/vnd0c /mnt

Wrong mount point for port i386, use the d partition.

mount -t cd 9660 /dev/vnd0d /mnt

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on thirty-one  different system  architectures featuring
 twelve distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/